École des Ponts ParisTech is opening a Chaire de Professeur Junior for a position in the fall 2023. This recruitment is aimed at researchers with a strong potential to lead a research team, as well as the ability to participate in national, European or international projects.
The position is a Chaire de Professeur Junior. It is a 4-6 years tenure track, leading to a tenure as Full Professor (Research Director, DR2) at CERMICS, the applied mathematics institute of École des Ponts ParisTech. The selection will be carried out by an international jury with a first selection based on the candidate’s file, followed by an audition of the pre-selected candidates.
This chair is provided with a very favorable research environment and includes a teaching assignment within the École des Ponts ParisTech (28 hours of lectures or 42 hours of practical or directed work per year) as well as an ANR funding.
The official position description is available here in French and English.
How to apply?
- You can contact Amaury Hayat (email@example.com) or Tony Lelièvre (Director of CERMICS, firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss the possible insertion in the scientific environment at CERMICS.
- The application template can be found here (or here for a google doc link). Applications have to be sent as a single pdf file by email to email@example.com by April 14, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
- Additional documents (see detailed list in the application file) can be submitted at the following link as a single file named Firstname_Lastname.pdf: https://cloud.enpc.fr/s/gb9SMtJwy7gXixe
Who can apply?
- There are no age nor nationality requirements to apply;
- The following may apply: holders of a doctorate or equivalent degree or candidates with equivalent scientific qualifications and research work;
- The position is accessible to people with disabilities.
Targeted research profile
The position is intended for a researcher in applied mathematics with a broad expertise in control theory and stabilization of finite and infinite dimensional systems, in particular in the area of hyperbolic and parabolic partial differential equations.
CERMICS has a particular interest in the application to road traffic flows, and the candidate is expected to invest some time in this subject. A willingness to learn about reinforcement learning applied to control and stabilization, as well as practical implementation of the obtained algorithms, is also expected.
The candidate will be committed to developing scientific independence and academic recognition at the highest international level, to allow tenure as a Research Director (DR2) within the first 6 years.
Composition of the selection committee:
- Marc Bonnet (CNRS, ENSTA)
- Fouzia Boukour (Université Gustave Eiffel)
- Virginie Ehrlacher (Ecole des Ponts Paristech)
- Paola Goatin (INRIA Sophia-Antipolis)
- Ludovic Leclercq (Université Gustave Eiffel)
- Jérôme Lesueur (Ecole des Ponts Paristech)
- Benedetto Piccoli (Rutgers University)
- Peipei Shang (Tongji University)
- Gabriel Stoltz (Ecole des Ponts Paristech)
- Emmanuel Trélat (Sorbonne Université)