CERMICS, École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées
6 et 8, av. Blaise Pascal
Cité Descartes – Champs-sur-Marne
77455 Marne-la-Vallée Cedex 2
E-mail: rutger (dot) biezemans (at) enpc (dot) fr
PhD topic: “Difficult” multi-scale problems and non-intrusive methods.
During my PhD project, I will be looking into numerical methods of MsFEM type, in particular for multi-scale non-self-adjoint problems such as the advection-diffusion equation. Ways to make these methods as little intrusive as possible will also be considered.
- Talk entitled ‘Some technicalities in the convergence proof of linear MsFEM’.
French-German Workshop on Multiscale Problems, Augsburg University (2020, online, organised by Robert Altmann and Daniel Peterseim).
- Talk entitled ‘Some aspects of the analysis of MsFEM methods‘.
Congrès d’Analyse Numérique pour les Jeunes – 2020, Société de Mathématiques Appliquées et Industrielles (online).
- Presentation ‘Introduction to mutli-scale finite element methods’.
CERMICS Young Researchers Seminar (2020, online).
- Talk ‘Some numerical methods for advection-dominated multi-scale problems’.
Journée des doctorants de l’ÉD MSTIC (2021, online).
- Talk entitled ‘Multi-scale finite element methods for advection-diffusion problems‘.
10ième Biennale Française des Mathématiaues Appliquées et Industrielles, SMAI, La Grande Motte (2021).
- Analysis and scientific computing for undergraduate engineering students at the ENPC (2020).
This course was taught in a flipped classroom, in French.
- Partial differential equations and finite element methods for undergraduate engineering students at the ENPC (2021).
I led weekly exercise sessions and classes for one group of students, in English.