I am PI for the ANR SINEQ (2022-2025). The aim of this project is to provide new tools for the mathematical and numerical analysis of nonequilibrium stochastic dynamics. The techniques employed lie at the interface of various subfields of mathematics, ranging from probability theory and the study of stochastic processes to functional analysis and the theory of partial differential equations; with an emphasis on the numerical analysis of Monte Carlo methods and time discretization of stochastic differential equations.
I also participate to the project MAMBIO of PEPR B-Best.
I was PI for the ANR COSMOS (2014-2019). This project aimed at developing numerical techniques dedicated to the sampling of high-dimensional probability measure describing a system of interest. There were two application fields of interest: computational statistical physics (a field also known as molecular simulation), and computational statistics.
Organization of conferences and program to come
- Research school “Sampling high dimensional probability measures” (Ecole des Ponts, 25-29 September 2023)
- IMSI program “Data-Driven Materials Informatics” (March-May 2024, University of Chicago)
Organized conferences and programs
- Minisymposium “Numerical methods in statistical physics” (co-organized with A. Iacobucci) at MCM2023 (Paris, 26-30 June 2023)
- Co-organization of the CECAM workshop “Chasing CVs using Machine Learning: from methods development to biophysical applications” (Inria Paris, France, June 28-30, 2022)
- Co-organization of a mini-symposium at SIAM Materials Science 21 on “Computational Statistical Physics and Related Fields”
- CECAM discussion meeting “Coarse-graining with Machine Learning in molecular dynamics” (Gentilly, France, December 4-6, 2018)
- Workshop “Computational Statistics and Molecular Simulation: A Practical Cross-Fertilization” (BIRS-Oaxaca, November 12-16, 2018)
- Workshop “Advances in Computational Statistical Physics” (CIRM, France, September 17-21, 2018)
- IHP Trimester “Stochastic dynamics out of equilibrium” (April-July 2017, Paris)
- Workshop “Computational Statistics and Molecular Simulation” (2-5 February 2016, Paris)
- Workshop “Computational methods for statistical mechanics – at the interface between mathematical statistics and molecular simulation”, ICMS (Edinburgh), June 2-6, 2014 (co-organized with G. Pavliotis (Imperial College London) and Ch. Hartmann (FU Berlin))
- Workshop “Nonequilibrium Statistical Mechanics: Mathematical Understanding and Numerical Simulations”, BIRS, November 12-16, 2012 (co-organized with Joel Lebowitz (Rutgers University) and Stefano Olla (Université Paris Dauphine)). See the official page.
- Workshop “Interactions EDPs/probas : modèles probabilistes pour la modélisation à l’échelle atomique” in the framework of the GdR CHANT (co-organized with Eric Cancès and Stephane Labbé), Grenoble, 23-25 november 2011
- Workshop “Simulation of hybrid dynamical systems and applications to molecular dynamics” (co-organized with Erwan Faou, Tony Lelièvre and Frédéric Legoll), Paris, 27-30 september 2010. See the official webpage and the less official one, with the final program
- Workshop “Numerical methods in molecular simulation”, held during the HIM program on Computational Mathematics at the Hausdorff Center for Mathematics, Bonn (co-organized with Tony Lelièvre, Frédéric Legoll and Mathias Rousset)
- I co-organized the working group “Machine learning and optimization” in the framework of the Labex Bezout